English Fair reinforces what students have achieved thru time spent at Kino High School. Our interest, as English teachers, is to help students to learn and at the same time enjoy ludic activities to enhance and perform their knowledge of the English language.
By completing the activities, the students will activate their knowledge about English solving tasks from diverse subjects which commit themselves to fulfil the assignments.
The English Fair consists in:
- Spelling Bee Contest.
- Spelling Bee Contest. It consists in to spell correctly each given word according to the rules set by the English Academy. It will be in rounds with words chosen randomly from a list that each jury has. Each student that failed in their attempt must leave the rostrum. The first student that spell correctly all the words will be the winner.
- Rally. It is formed by five stations, five teams of four persons each. In each station, the teacher who is in charge will give the team an envelope with questions (Science, Social Studies, and art), riddles, math problems, etc.; when they finished their task, they returned the envelope to the proffessor in charge of the station and move to the next station. The team which has more points will be the winner.
- Jeopardy. Will be form by 4 teams with two persons each. Each round they will choose an option and answer correctly to the questions. The team that has the most correct answers will be the winner.
- Playback. In this part, teams (4 persons) or pairs, or even individuals must bring their track, and the performance must be accompained by coreography.
As usual, anything that is not written here, it will be solved by the English Academy.
Fecha: Viernes 27 de Febrero de 2015
Lugar: área recreativa de la preparatoria
- 10:00 a.m. Inauguración del evento por parte del Rector Dr. José Rentería Torres.
Mtra. Elizabeth Mcphearson Hernández, Directora Académica
C.P.Zulema Moreno Ruiz, Directora Administrativa,
Lic. Sachenka García Burgeño, coordinadora de idiomas de la Universidad Kino
Mtra. Aída del C. Ruink de Reyes, jurado
Lic. Norma L. Martínez Manzo, jurado
- 10:10 a.m. Rally. Punto de inicio en área recreativa.
- 11:00 a.m. Spelling Bee (auditorio).
- 12:00 p.m. Jeopardy (auditorio)
- 1:00 p.m. Presentación de Playback (auditorio)
- 1:10 p.m. Entrega de diplomas y cierre.
Evento organizado por la academia de inglés de la preparatoria Kino.
Mtra. Ma. Elena Ruink Romero
Lic. Héctor Salazar Sorcia
Lic. Gabriela Castañeda